Software Suggestions

Help Forum around ProECU-K and it's Tuning Software package.
LodivD

Software Suggestions

Postby LodivD » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:46 am

Hello everyone, I am Lodi, 22 years old and an Automotive Engineering student from The Netherlands.

I recently bought two ProECU-K units from our local dealer Kris Rol and another one will follow soon after.
I chose this ECU option because I like to try out different products and the use of only the OEM hardware.
The first ECU will be installed today and tuned by myself. If you are open to more software-related suggestions I would be happy to share my thoughts in the future as well.

My suggestions are as follows:

- Possibility to close open windows (instead of having to slide around windows or changing between them)
- Possibility to resize every window (instead of having to scroll manually) OR Possibility to use the scroll wheel to navigate through the windows)
- Possibility to increase or decrease table values (with increments of 1) by using the + and - keys on the Numpad.

This will make the changing of windows and the tuning itself a lot faster in my opinion and finding things as well because you wouldn't have to scroll down or up on every page to find a setting.

Overall I think it's a great product, especially for the price!

Lodi.

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Software Suggestions

Postby Doc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:36 am

Thank you for your input and ideas.

- Possibility to close open windows (instead of having to slide around windows or changing between them)

We had a different idea on this, just use the "Quick Jump" Buttons on the upper left corner to jump between the windows.
So, just leave the windows where the are and just jump between them.

quick jump buttons.jpg
quick jump buttons.jpg (30.12 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

- Possibility to resize every window (instead of having to scroll manually) OR Possibility to use the scroll wheel to navigate through the windows)

For sure, something to think about.

- Possibility to increase or decrease table values (with increments of 1) by using the + and - keys on the Numpad.

There is already something in the program. Instead of "+" and "-" Key you can use [CTRL]+[UP] and [CTRL]+[DOWN] for big changes and [ALT]+[UP] and [ALT]+[DOWN] for small changes. The size of the changes you can set in the setup window under "Editor".

For the Keyboard shortcuts please see the quick start manual or in the program hit the [F1] to open the on-side-help, here you can see the keyboard shortcuts, too.

LodivD

Re: Software Suggestions

Postby LodivD » Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 am

We had a different idea on this, just use the "Quick Jump" Buttons on the upper left corner to jump between the windows.
So, just leave the windows where the are and just jump between them.

I am probably just focused on what software I am using, but I'll probably just need to get used to it.

There is already something in the program. Instead of "+" and "-" Key you can use [CTRL]+[UP] and [CTRL]+[DOWN] for big changes and [ALT]+[UP] and [ALT]+[DOWN] for small changes. The size of the changes you can set in the setup window under "Editor".

Damn! As soon as I read your reply I remembered seeing this option, ah well, Great!

Thank you for the reply and consideration!

Return to “ProECU-K Software”